Saturday, August 19, 2006

My first kiss ...

I am curious about girls, even today. They act as if they are from a different planet, my mylaporean (very conservative place) upbringing alienated, and a bit frightened me from them. There had been countless occasions where I wanted to say something to a girl, and yet I remained as a quiet observer.

But even to a tight mouthed guy like me, a kiss happened. A cupid's faintest arrow must have struck me and that girl who used to sit near me at school. Her dressing sense was of Haute Couture, her pristine eyes dazzled along with her yummy cheeks, yet I reminisce that I had liked her hair more than anything else. She smiled whenever she saw me. I used to beam back blushing, but no one from our class seemed to be bothered about our clandestine stares and the consequent blushings. People must be busy in their work, I had then guessed.

At recess hour, she would be the last person to move out of the class. I was quite the opposite as my brain thinks like an ogre when I feel hungry.  I always headed out first, marching along with my friends like a pack of army ants. "Did she miss me in the recess hour?", I used to wonder. My doubts didn't last long as she would continue where she had left to occasionally gaze at me after the lunch break. I could recollect that sometimes I resisted my temptation to look back at her and listen carefully to the class proceedings, but my heart always breaks down after some time. She must have looked at me at least six times by that time and I would have displayed my trademarked loser smile when she casts her eye on me again.

A few days passed and as luck would have it; the girl next to her was absent for that day. An opportunity presented itself to sit next to her. I did not hesitate and captured the moment as my gut instructed. Her eyes sparkled at close quarters, and I could look no further, even her faintest smiles rocked me. I was lost in her beauty, and she chuckled at the sight of it. My heart soared and ebbed. She looked very ecstatic of us sitting together and I had lost all attention to whatever that is going on around me.

I moved closer and kissed her yummy cheek. My heart stopped for a moment. All thoughts ranging from: "Why did I do it ?","What a foolish thing to do?","What will she think of me?","How many from our class has seen it?", "Did the teacher see it ?"

My tension that rose like a rocket fell like one when she smiled back. Is this what is called Elysian joy? The teacher and other students just kept on doing their work. Finally, my time hath come. I have a girlfriend whom I can kiss.

The following day, I had the chance to sit next to her again. I began scheming and her glances at me assured that I was on the right track. I moved closer, I kissed her again in the class while she was listening to the teacher. She turned towards me and her countenance suggested that she was in awe. Emboldened, I said to her "I would kiss you after every session". Mysteriously, she agreed to my deal. True to my word, I did kiss her after every session on that school day. I distinctly remember that she was attentive to the class proceedings in spite of me being a distraction. She always had an eye for her work.

I asked her to kiss me with just minutes before our recess could start.
She kissed me on my left cheek. It was the first time when a girl of my age kissed me. I still cherish that moment. Everything had then come to a still, and I could hear my heart beat. Her pulchritude after that kiss was magnanimous. We smiled back at each other numerous times that day. I pecked her cheek one last time.

"Neo !", the teacher shouted and the whole class turned towards me. "Naughty boy! What are you doing in that corner?" she asked. I was flabbergasted, but my girlfriend was not; she smiled at the teacher as if she had not done any wrong. She looked at me to admonish, but nevertheless could not control her laughter. As she came towards our bench, my first-grade teacher said, "I am going to change your place !"

Errr ...

20 comments:

Ajay said...

real gud attempt on ur 1st blog matey...1st kiss...hmmm....nobody forgets their 1st kiss...still remember many details abt her???..cool dude..!

Anonymous said...

Really a nice one. Doesnt look like your first blog. Interesting till the end... Why dont you write such events happened at college mate?? ;-)

Stoned scribbler said...

~Sniff Sniff~ that was B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l...chooo touching!!!! I wish someday(if lucky) I would feel atleast half of what you felt...

Peace and love!!

Unknown said...

This was really awsome..............

Shubhankar said...

Gimme a break,...!!!! Was that an account of something that actually happenned..?!?!!?!?!

ben said...

it was great pal.. for the last 8 years of me knowin u blooody u dint open ur mouth about ur first kiss..
he.. he.. any way atleast now temme.. is it really true buddy..

Mouli said...

Really too goood.It makes the moment special when we recollect the special moment's of our life...
U didn't tell us Did others followed u ????

che sara sara said...

hey neo..u made me nostalgic...
my school days...the guys who sat next to me..how everyday he looked at me...
and a day he kissed me....lol

wow...awesome explanation...
keep the spirit boy...keep writing

che sara sara said...

carmalin is me
none other than sophia...

shaaaaaaam said...

lovely start dude..xpectin more nd more...!

Anonymous said...

SIMPLY SUPERB.. i dnt have ne words to describe it.. kalakita po... that was one awesome MASTER piece frm u.... keep blogging buddy...

NEO .. u simply rock!!!

P.S: am expecting blogs abt ur sec,third,fourth ...n kiss experiences... enlighten this poor kid ;-)

NINJA said...

Great Effort Dude...

Gud Story With A Hilarious Ending..

BRAVO !!! Keep It UP ! ! ! ! !

Anonymous said...

By the way who's the girl. I don't remember that happening when we were in 1st standard. Aanalum nee pinjulaye romba pazhuthutta ;)

Anonymous said...

Dei Bugger....Nice one daa...This is not surely in college...Where else?

neo said...

Hi everyone ...

This wonderful "Kissing" incident happened to me ... When I was in the First Standard of my preparatory school ...

The moment struck like a lightening in my heart ... (Including the admonishing of my Teacher ... ;))

That sweet memory was there on my mind(Will ever be on my mind ... !) and I wrote this blog to describe that incident ... keeping the suspense till the last line ... ;)

I still remember that girl (and wonder where she is now ? !!~~!!) ... And as far as the teacher is concerned . She still works in that school and stays in my neighbourhood .

I cant stop blushing each time I see her ... ;)

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha.... i thought it was a true romantic experience u really had...till i came to the last para!!!!!well..this one is cute....the other blogs of urs raised my blood pressure and depression!!!!

Anonymous said...

AHA HAAAA!!
This got me laughin at the end!
Was wondering how kiddish naive n silly for a thing to happen in college but DUDE!! ha ha hahaaa..
Its amazing u still remembered...
All i can remember abu 1st grade was me getting picked on..Now THIS is worth cherishing :P

karthik said...

whatever i thought of commenting was posted already. so no comments, but a good comic end........

Abhishek Krishnan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abhishek Krishnan said...

hey Neo... Nice one... Excellent writing skills. Actually recalled me of the roguery I used to create "back then" . . .